Sergio Albelli (born October 5, 1965) is an Italian actor.
Life and Career
In 1986 he was admitted to the Teatro Stabile di Genova's school where graduated with honors in 1989. In the same year he debuted in Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare, directed by Peter Stein. Over the next ten years he devoted himself almost exclusively to the theater becoming part of public and private companies.
Since 2000, after participating in the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin, directed by John Madden, he began working primarily in movies and television. In 2001 he became part of the TV seriesCarabinieri. He then worked as co-star in other TV series including Codice Rosso, Il Mostro di Firenze, I Cerchi nell'Acqua. He also plays in dramatic (El Alamein: The Line of Fire) and commedy (Voce del Verbo Amore, Aspettando il Sole, Una Canzone Per Te) movies. The knowledge of English allows him to be active in international set (Malry Christie's Own Double-Entry, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Miracle at St. Anna). Among the most significant interpretations of recent years we remember the role of the partisan Rodolfo in Miracle at St. Anna and Mario Michelucci in The First Beautiful Thing by Paolo Virzi, with which receives the attention of critics and audiences. In 2013 participates in Il Natale della mamma imperfetta.
He is the protagonist of the short film La casa di Ester, directed by Stefano Chiodini, that won the Globo D'Oro award in 2012.
In 2015 he appears in a small scene in the film Leopardi by Mario Martone.
He lives in Rome.
- Fiorile (1993)
- Christie Malry's Own Double-Entry (2000)
- Il corridoio (2002)
- El Alamein: The Line of Fire (2002)
- Te lo leggo negli occhi (2004)
- A luci spente (2004)
- François (2008)
- Miracle at Sant'Anna (2008)
- Aspettando il sole (2008)
- Una canzone per te (2010)
- The First Beautiful Thing (2010)
- Il Natale della mamma imperfetta (2013)
- Nessuno mi pettina bene come il vento (2014)
- Leopardi (2014)
- Like Crazy (2016)
- Come diventare grandi nonostante i genitori (2016)
- Lui e lei 2 (1999)
- Carabinieri (2002-2003,2005)
- Don Matteo 4 (2004)
- La moglie cinese (2006)
- Voce del verbo amore (2007)
- Crimini 2 - Bestie (2010)
- I cerchi nell'acqua (2011)